While this Cincinnista doesn’t talk much interior design on this blog, when it comes to the holiday decorating your home correctly is important. ‘Tis the season!
Amy Youngblood Interiors graciously appeared on the Channel 19 Fox Morning Show last week to discuss tips and trends in holiday decorating. In case you missed it, here is the scoop!
- Embrace a color scheme. Red and green? White and gold? Blue and silver? Pick a palette and stick with it to create a unfied look. Accent with a pop of red if need be.
- Wrap gifts early and get them under the tree….even if they are empty boxes! A decorated tree with a variety of fun wrapping paper adds to the already festive scene.
- Make the holiday table a special one. For your big holiday dinner, besides a great centerpiece, add decorative items such as round metallic balls or holday glitter. Layer different patterned tablecloths for a more customized look. Another tip: for buffet style dining, secretly elevate areas of the table for serving and display with paint cans!
- Engage your senses with light and the scent of fun candles…..always adds to the ambiance of the room.
- Accent items in your home that are unique and special. Fill a decorative bowl with metallic balls or add festive bows and garland to a stylish pair of sconces.
- Modernize your decorations. I’m not saying throw our Grandma’s Christmas village set, but like everyday decor in our lives, the trend is towards more clean-lined modern pieces.
- Bring in the Great Outdoors! Now this decoration can last not only through the holidays but throughout the entire season. Fill a glass or metallic vase with corkscrew willow branches of something similar to give interest and height to your table.
- Finally, “Less is More.” While we want to be festive, we highly recommend decorating with class. Lighting up your home like a Christmas tree is overkill, not to mention dangerous!
Cheers and Happy Holidays!